- This much I know about…my nominations for the 2013 Edublog Awards!
- This much I know about…how to thrive when the OFSTED team arrives!
- This much I know about…the Knowledge vs Skills debate
- This much I know about…truly great teaching, in a week when there has been so much debate about QTS!
- This much I know about…developing a Dweck-inspired Growth Mindset culture
- MT "@HuntingEnglish: So Davey Moyes has finally seen Everton win at Old Trafford! YES!#Avethat " The only reason NOT to work with AJQ! 1 day ago
- RT @HuntingEnglish: There is a great role for an energetic Learning Resource Manager to work in our brilliant school library: http://t.co/W… 1 day ago
- RT @theyorkmix: Yes the UK lags China on #PISA school tests. But they are happier and more creative, says head teacher @johntomsett http://… 1 day ago
- RT @pasi_sahlberg: I recommend you to study PISA 2012 Report Vol II: Excellence through Equity. It is a prescription against GERM. http://t… 1 day ago
- RT @Primr0se1: @theyorkmix @johntomsett By far the most sensible article I've read talking about PISA 1 day ago
Monthly Archives: September 2012
I have been a Headteacher for 9 years and at the age of 48 this much I know about staff well-being. Right now, keeping the fear factor outside the school gates is very difficult. I try hard to resist the … Continue reading
I have been a Headteacher for 9 years and this much I know about the Pupil Premium. Sam Ellis told an audience of ASCL members some time ago that the Tory element of the Coalition hated the Pupil Premium because … Continue reading
I’ve been teaching 24 years and at the age of 48 this much I know about my 1970s education. The Gove/Clegg plans for the English Baccalaureate are so obviously wrong. There are many education professionals who have already expressed their … Continue reading
I have been a Headteacher for 9 years and at the age of 48 this much I know about effective Self-Evaluation. I used to think more is more! In the past I have battered SLT and staff with Year 11 … Continue reading
Here are some useful documents about developing grit in your students: Can you pass the grit test 12-item Grit Scale.08-item Grit Scale Child Adapted Version_0215125312011 8-item Grit 081011 5-item ambition scale093011
I have been a teacher of English for 24 years and a Headteacher for 9 years and at the age of 48 this much I know about the writing process. When I write I am in my element. If you … Continue reading
I have been a teacher of English for 24 years and a Headteacher for 9 years and at the age of 48 this much (I think) I know about the English Language GCSE debacle. The Roman playwright Terence wrote, Nothing … Continue reading